The North Stelton Volunteer Fire Company was organized by a group of citizens on October 26, 1933 in Piscataway, NJ. The community raised $600 and work was begun on constructing the fire station on Fellowship Farm near Freedom Avenue (today known as the Board of Education Administration Building for Piscataway). The company was included in Fire District No. 1 and ran with a 1934 Dodge fire engine. In 1959, construction on a new, larger station on Haines Avenue was completed, the company moved to its present quarters. The move was prompted by the enlargement of the Fellowship Farm School, which led to the demolishment of the original station. In the ensuing half- century, thee have been multiple additions to the Haines Avenue station. A thru-bay was added in 1979 to house Ladder 627. A three-bay addition and meeting hall were added in 1989 to house the two ambulances and new Rescue 625. Several other improvement projects have been undertaken since, including a 1996 addition to increase office and storage space, a 2001 generator installation, and in 2006, a federal grant funded upgraded fire sprinkler system for all of the current rooms. As of 2007, the all- volunteer fire company responds to nearly 1000 requests for service annually.